Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This should be enough

I get caught up in wanting more.

I want more hours in the day. I want to be cleaner, neater, prettier, smarter, healthier. I want to "get more done," whatever that more might be. Among my friends, this sentiment seems to be rather normal.

This weekend I asked Phil if we would ever do something really great. It is somehow important to me to do something really great. He said that we may and he said that we may not. Then he reminded me that this should be enough.

At first I was aggravated at him. Doesn't he want more? Doesn't he think we're destined for great things? But I was wrong. This is a great thing and I look past this to more.

"This" is a family. A boy and a girl and a mom and a dad. A teacher who likes to bake and a doctor who likes to ride his bike.

This is enough.

No comments: