Monday, July 25, 2005

Ode to Philip

Love to Be Loved, Peter Gabriel

I am married to a really fantastic guy and I want ya'll to know how great he is. I don't always think of him with a halo. Sometimes he seems to be such a niave oaf. These days there are many more halo days than oaf moments. I need to treasure these moments and i kind of want to proclaim them from the mountain top. Here are just a few of the amazing things he does:

1. He tells me most days that I am doing a great job at whatever I am doing.
2. He is terribly funny in a sarcastic and self-deprecating way.
3. He loves to grocery shopping and meal plan and he makes great sandwiches.
4. He likes to talk to me when we get into bed and doesn't get mad when I just want to read.
5. He is tall and smiles down at me.

Can you believe it?

A haiku:

calling to check in
asking how i am hanging
in. now i am fine.

No comments: