Thursday, August 25, 2005

Going to Movies By Myself

Comer y Dormir, Not sure the artist--just on Phil's iTunes

I love going to the movies by myself and here is why:

I don't have to consider someone else's preferences or opinion.
I don't have to coordinate my schedule with anyone else's.
I don't have to listen to their impressions afterwards.
I don't have to pay a babysitter.
I can get popcorn or get nothing, but I won't have to share.
I like to escape into the almost darkness and be almost invisible.
I can let down and let go.
I can forget about my life and its pressures.

And so, I am refreshed. I leave the movies considering the art or the story. I connect it to me. I now have the time and space to think about my life and its pressures with some perspective.

So I went to the movies by myself for my birthday. It was great.

No comments: