Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I am a neurotic and robust Oregon girl...

no longer. While I was in New Orleans, my father-in-law commented that he doesn’t agree with the profile I wrote about myself for my blog. He doesn’t think I'm not really that neurotic. At first I was taken a back, thinking to myself: he doesn’t really know me. Then I realized it is true. I’m really just not that neurotic. I used to be more so, but not any more. Synonyms in Microsoft word for neurotic are: anxious, fearful, phobic, fixated, hung-up, disturbed, irrational, and obsessed. I do get anxious sometimes and I cry irrationally often, but I am not any of these other things. This is a victory.

But there’s even more self discovery to be had. I am vigorous (according to my father-in-law)! Turning to Microsoft again, I love the synonyms: energetic, dynamic, vital, forceful, strong, hearty, enthusiastic, and spirited. I like vigorous.

My blog profile, it is a-changing.

No comments: