Monday, February 27, 2006

All Business

My friends are in mourning and I am packing boxes. I am all business. Practical. Always in motion. Always thinking of the next thing that I need to check off the list.

My Boston friends are freaking out. They are getting used to the fact that we are leaving. I looking into the future.

Why is this mismatch happening?

I go to the five stages of grief:
  • Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
  • Anger (why is this happening to me?)
  • Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
  • Depression (I don't care anymore)
  • Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
What do they say? You move through the stages of grief in no particular order and you can return to or dwell in any of them for any amount of time. I'm in acceptance today...when will I get depressed again. No time to think about that...I have things to do.

No comments: