Thursday, July 20, 2006

Red Mat, Blue Towel

Amy and I go to the same yoga studio. We showed up for the same class last week. It is so bizzare to see Amy, my middle school and high school pal, in my everyday life in New Orelans. We have never been adults who just hang out. There's been trips and visits and good talks and weddings and baby showers, but no yoga. As we hang out more, little things come back to us, which we had forgotten about.

As the class was about to begin, I saw Amy, who was several spots away from me start to smile suppress a giggle. I mouthed, "What? What is it?" She just shook her head.

Later she admited that she was laughing at my primary red mat and primary blue towel, "That's just so Sumner, not your Sumner, but Jim and Annabelle Sumner, it made me laugh."

No comments: