Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hobbies


School is supposed to do what? I’m still working that out. Sometimes I wonder if it is the best use of all of our time.

Sumner was working on writing paragraphs and the teacher asked him to write about his hobby. Here’s what the teacher asked him to do and what he wrote:

Topic Sentence to tell your favorite hobby

“Daydreaming is great!!!”

When do you spend time on your hobby?

“When my work is done.”

Where do you practice your hobby?

“everywhare”

Why is this your favorite hobby?

“Its a secrit Diory in my head.”

Retell the topic sentence in your own words.

“What I could do

what the world could do

what could happen

what will happen”

Thinking about what we could do, what the world could do, what could happen, and what will happen sound pretty edifying. So school is supposed to do what?

No comments: