Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Making Friends

We are eager for our children to make friends. Knowing how to make friends doesn’t always come naturally, so we talk a lot about how to make friends and then they report to us how it is going.

Today I was delighted when Sumner told me he made friends with someone because Sumner gave him a “squishy”.

Afraid of the answer, I asked, “What’s a squishy?”

Sumner explained that it is a ketchup, mayo, or mustard pack.

“Why did your new friend want that?”

Sumner then explained that in the Captain Underpants book that he read today during his free time, he learned that if you fold up a “squishy” and put it between the toilet and the toilet seat and then wait for someone to come and use the toilet, the “squishy" will explode all over. He successfully attempted this with the mayo pack from his lunch today.

And he made some friends doing it.

1 comment:

snobbyblogger said...

I love it, I love it!
-alex