Friday, June 16, 2006

More Little Things

I can't really leave fruit out in my fruit bowl for a week. The fruit flies swarm.

It took only two hours to make hibiscus sun tea in our backyard.

No recycling post-Katrina. I am throwing away glass bottles, newspapers, tin cans, etc.

At least four neighbors stopped by, most of them with food or drink (and one offering us a sleeper bed he was getting rid of) to welcome us to the neighborhood.

Three of the eight or so moms I have met at the kids' swim lessons have returned post-flood, only to have to move away because of work-transfers or lay-offs.

My in-laws live up the road 10 minutes and can take the kids for a sleep over on Saturday night.

Half of the people I meet, in the grocery, at school, on the street, know Philip or his friends or a friend of a friend some how.

1 comment:

ak said...

Every time I refresh, there's a new blog! :)

Why is it that the time delay is frustrating to me in other places, but of Louisiana I'm defensive?