Friday, November 11, 2005

A Grunt

Ramona has been telling me alot about how things work lately. The other morning she told me that babies can not only come out of vaginas, but boobies too. "Floppy babies can come out of boobies, but hard ones come out of vaginas."

Then she told me that her teacher Beth is a man. Then she revised her assessment and said that Beth was a wo-man, but her teacher Rosie is a plain girl, as am I. Sue, another teacher is a woman. Alex, yet another teacher, is a smooth girl. Sumner was in on this little mini-lecture from Ramona. He seemed to be contemplating her descriptions. I asked him if he knew what she meant and he agreed that Alex is a smooth girl. Why do I have to be a plain girl? I'm pretty smooth.

Finally, the other day she wanted to show me the bottom of her tailbone. It basically ends in the top of the crack of her butt. She asked me to feel it. I did, worried she might have some sort of problem there. She said it was fine and went on to tell me that it is her "grunt, a bone shaped like a little sword". Where does she get this?

I love seeing her making sense of her world. I hope she keeps coming up with answers. We need some.

No comments: