Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Jacob too

I spoke with my brother last night. He was a child who threw tamtrums if his t-shirts weren't neatly tucked into his underwear and he came home from college with a suitcase full of cleaned and folded and ironed clothes. In college used to have my mom wash and iron my few things that needed to be ironed and wear them only several times a semester, so that she could clean them next time for me. My duffle bag was always full of all the dirty laundry I could stuff into it.

I asked him if Mom used to tuck him in like her dolls and he said, "Of course." And now he tucks his two year old and his two year old's stuffed animals in in the same way, every night.

The last time Jacob came to visit me he saw a pile of clean laundry in my bedroom and offered to fold it for me.

It brings peace. Real peace to some.

No comments: