Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I had this dream

that is a little fuzzy around the edges. Maybe if I tell the story of the dream many times the edges will become clearer.

Philip, Sumner, Ramona and I go to New Orleans for Thanksgiving, as we are planning to do in real life next week. We go and we see my in-laws and we eat lots of good food. We see extended family members and everyone is quite jolly. Delicious food and lots of it. We sleep late and induldge in hour upon hours of cable TV watching. We do some pleasure shopping. Suddenly we are packing our bags to go home and I have the feeling that we've forgotten something. Was it a gift? Did we forget to "see" someone? What is it?

Something clicks: the hurricane, the flood. We were supposed to go and look at affected areas and we forgot to go! I start to panic. I feel helpless and I just don't know what to do or where to go from here. Dream over.

Analyze that.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt