Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Five Comments

This is a record. Aarti, a Boston-friend who I see more often than most of my readers, told me she was disappointed to see five comments (four real ones) on "Phil's Fashion Sense". She thought that my blog was her own private blog. I knew that some of you had read at one time a blog entry here or there, but I had NO idea that people aside from my mom and Aarti were really checking in and reading this thing. Aarti's disappointment is my glee. Hey, Claudia. Hey, Cathy. What's up all ya'll out there?

Thanks for reading.

Grannabelle says that she thinks that blog touched a nerve with women because perhaps we all have been inappropriately judged and/or mocked for our fashion sense by our mother, boyfriend, sister, and--in my case--brother. Jake thinks I should start my fashion rehab by getting braces and bleaching my teeth nightly. I just gotta put in here that once, when my parents were dating, my dad said to my 115-pound mom, "Your butt's not big. It's just long." Crushing. And pretty funny.

By the way, Phil also doesn't like French braids. He calls it my "battle hair" and claims that it makes me look like a lobster or crawfish. Who would even worry about someone who says something so outlandish?

By the way, the question has come up: is what I am writing what I am truly feeling and thinking and experiencing? It is true enough, but I use hyperbole and artistic license liberally.

No comments: