Friday, September 16, 2005

Sumner's Dreamhouse

Sumner asked me today if we could buy an apartment. I thought maybe he wanted to own a place. I told him proudly that we did own our "apartment", but I was thinking smugly: it is called a condo when you own it. He said that he wanted a different apartment, "big red one with a balcony."

"Do you mean a brick building?" I asked.

"Yes, one with a swimming pool too," Sumner said.

"Do all brick apartment buildings have pools?" I wondered aloud.

"I don't know, but I want to live in a big apartment building with all of my friends. Like where we lived in
England."

We lived in international graduate student housing in
London. We loved it.

"Kate will live there," Ramona chimed in.

I thought about this for awhile. Sumner and Ramona still appreciate the idea of a close, really close community. I am dreaming about moving for our condo to a single family house with more square footage and Sumner's remembering being in 500 square feet with friends all around as ideal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's the deal with these ad posts. shady...???