Sunday, June 26, 2005

More on the mind of a blogging fisherwoman and her reader

So Aarti and I were out for dinner on Saturday and I told her the fishing story. When I got to the point in the story where I was walking towards Sumner and trying to get his attention at the cooler, leaving Demo alone with the hook and pole, she interrupted me. She asked, "At this moment where you mainly wanting the fishing pole for yourself or were you worried about Demo with the pole or were you already forming today's blog in your head?" She was three for three.

There were also several times during the conversation where I started to tell her something or she started to ask me something and then we stopped. She had already read about it. Weird.

Aarti also expressed concern that she would be deprived of my live performances of funny stories because I wanted to save them for my blog. No worries there. I am too much of a glutton for attention to miss out on an opportunity to have all eyes and ears on me. So what if she has to endure the same story twice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE hearing the Skelding family stories, and would gladly hear the same story AT LEAST twice. :)