Friday, June 03, 2005

Trying It Out

Bonnie Tyler, Turn Around is playing.

Philip and I are going to have a big year. We are in love with each other and our children. Our kids are both kids, not babies or toddlers. Diapers & sippy cups have been replaced with carpools and school fundraisers. Change isn't happening as rapidly as it was for most of the last six years.

We will both finish our education in the next 12 months and get down to business, whatever that means. Residency will hit us next year about this time. I will be looking for or towards a job and financial responsiblity will hit us in a real way. We will be packing up the house moving somewhere...across town, across the country...there are a lot of questions.

Since I have taken this semester off and have caught my breath, I am reflective. I want a place to write about it all. In some strange way I want to expose my inner self. I hope someone will be able to read about this and comment. This year will not be a transition year (same schools, same home, same friends), yet it will be all about transition. I need to get it all out.

Philip may write too.

Emily

No comments: