Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Some Questions on Sleep

Wise Men Say, Elvis is playing.

Sometimes when I am tired I really think something is wrong with me. Am I tired because I had an exhausting day or is it because I don't have enough spunk left in me? I think it is as if energy is a well and I have already spent a lifetime of it.

At 18, Erika used to tease me about how I "saved up" on sleep. It is a Annabelle (my mom) concept. The week before I moved to NYC to start my freshman year at Columbia I slept extra so that my sleep account would have a lot of cushion for that first semester. It didn't work. I got mono.

Today I woke at 6AM. Tried to pray in bed, but dozed on and off. I ran from 6:35 to about 7:00. Came home, ate, woke Ramona, fed the kids, packed the lunches, got them in the car. Drove to Sumner's school. Drove to Ramona's school. Returned to the mini van in front of Ramona's school and organized the junk in the trunk that needed to be either sold at consignment shop, given to e-bay fundraiser at Ramona's school, or given away. Went to my mother's group, a small group from my church. Went grocery shopping. Watered plants. Ramona arrived home. Read to her. Ate lunch. Took a 10 minute nap. Got up. Went to pick up Sumner. Ramona fell asleep on the way home. Carried her and her car seat inside. Sumner snacked and played. I put away groceries. Put Ramona and Sumner back into car and drove to park to meet friends and play. Took the car to the car wash. Stopped by store to pick up something I forgot and needed. Came home. Made dinner. Put kids to bed.

If that enough to make me feel as tired as I feel? I could fall asleep right here if I laid my head down. Is this normal? I slept 7 hours. Isn't that reasonable?

If I was rested would it mean I would be nicer or happier.

What could 8 solid hours of sleep do for me? I think I'll leave the dishes, turn it in, and try this 8 hour thing. L&O SVU will have go unwatched. More on the realtionship btwn TV and sleep and tiredness later.

Good night.

No comments: